- Purpose and Scope
This Code of Conduct directs the environment of VoxFresh sessions and activities. It has been created to reinforce protocols and ethos already established, and provide clarity for all VoxFresh singers.
- When does this policy apply?
This policy applies to all singers present at any VoxFresh activity or interaction/communication.
It is important that every singer feels positive and valued while at VoxFresh. We want VoxFresh to be a fun, productive and safe space for all staff, volunteers, parents and members. The collaboration of all is core to the success of VoxFresh.
- Expectations of singers
All VoxFresh singers are expected to meet the following guidelines of behaviour:
- Be friendly and welcoming to new singers, staff and visitors.
- Look out for their fellow singers and approach a member of VoxFresh staff if they have any worries or concerns.
- Speak to other singers in a way they would expect to be spoken to themselves.
- Act with maturity and try to resolve any issues that might arise in a calm manner.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all singers regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background or sexual identity.
- Listen to all instructions from the Vocal Coach or other member of VoxFresh staff.
- Arrive to sessions on time and fully prepared. Inform the VoxFresh team if they are going to be late.
- Wear VoxFresh uniform tops to all sessions, and full VoxFresh uniform when directed.
- Not smoke or consume any form of alcohol or drugs while on the site of a VoxFresh activity.
- Embrace all songs, activities, challenges with commitment, a smile, and positivity!
- The rights of the singer
All VoxFresh singers have the right to the following while at a VoxFresh session or activity:
- Be safe and happy.
- Be listened to by peers and the VoxFresh team.
- Be respected and treated fairly.
- Have a safe space to talk, in as much confidentiality as is safe for the wellbeing of the singer (refer to Child Protection / Safeguarding Policy for further details)
- Participate on an equal basis with all other singers.
- Experience music industry opportunities.
- Develop vocal skills.
- Make new friends.
- Ask for help.
- Commitment to the Singer Code of Conduct
If a singer is failing to display behaviours in-line with this code of conduct, they will be approached quietly by a member of VoxFresh staff to discuss and hopefully resolve the issue. If required, the Lead Vocal Coach will do the same.
Repeated incidences of undesirable behaviour or attitude may result in the membership of the singer being terminated. It is really important that VoxFresh is a safe place for all singers to be and if the repeated behaviour of one singer jeopardises this then it needs to be dealt with.
This would be communicated to the parent by the Lead Vocal Coach
6. Contact Details
Kat Penn (Director): firstname.lastname@example.org; [07752 976788]
Main VoxFresh inbox – email@example.com
We are committed to reviewing our policy and good practice annually.